By Marilyn Markel for Island Eye News
I recently made this for a photo shoot and found myself snacking on the pumpkin all day. This is delicious and nutritious and be sure to by cooking pumpkins! Serves 6.
• 1 medium pumpkin, equals about 8 cups chopped
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 Tbsp chopped sage plus a lot whole leaves
• 1 cup canola oil
• 1 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
• Good Balsamic for drizzling
Preheat oven to 400°. Set oven rack in center.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half and clean out seeds in the center. Cut into wedges and peel. Cut into cubes about 1 inch.
3. Toss all the pumpkin in a large roasting pan with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place them in the preheated oven. Roast until just tender when pierced and beginning to brown, tossing occasionally with a spatula, about 30 minutes.
4. Remove pumpkin from oven. Peel the onions. Toss the onions with the vegetables and the chopped sage. Keep warm.
5. Put the oil in a very small saucepan on high heat. Fry sage leaves, drain and season with salt. Serve the pumpkin garnished with fried leaves, pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of Balsamic.